A Fall Clean-Up is the systematic collection and removal of any leaves, sticks, and debris littering your property due to the changing seasons.
Although there is a wide range of services that can be completed in the fall, all services are not necessary but will make a dramatic improvement to your property’s curb appeal and aid in the prevention of disease, insects, rodents, and property damage.
These services might be included:
- Remove leaves, twigs, branches, and debris from the lawn.
- Aerate, overseed, de-thatching, and or lawn rolling of grass areas.
- Remove leaves, twigs, branches, debris, and or fungi mulch from mulch beds.
- Pruning rose bushes, ornamental plants, and flowers.
- Shutting off water to outdoor faucets.
- Shutting down sprinkler systems.
- Gutter cleaning.
Removing leaves and additional debris from your yard is important for various reasons.
- Curb appeal.
- Prevents leaf compaction (limited sun, air, or water reaches turf)
- Prevents the growth of fungi and diseases.
- Added acidity to your soil base, which can destroy your turf and increase broadleaf weed activity.
- Addition spores found on leaves can infect your soil and re-infect trees and shrubs year after year.
There are many benefits to remove leaves from the lawn every year but also note,
- Failing to cut back certain plants, flowers, and bushes will result in no blooms in the spring.
- Failing to turn off the water to outdoor faucets and sprinkler systems may cause the pipes to burst in the winter.
All these problems are avoidable with a yearly fall clean up.